There are a lot of damn good all-american potato salad recipes out there. I didn’t think there was need to mess with a classic…
Until I tasted this potato salad…
I call it Commonwealth style because it’s more English than American in flavour, and the potatoes are Canadian.
Here’s the recipe, inspired by the July issue of Country Living UK, the mint from my garden, the organic tarragon and baby purple potatoes from the Charlottetown Farmers Market:
Place in a big bowl:
- 2 pounds new potatoes (steamed, then chopped into big-bite size pieces).
- Fresh mint (finely chopped)
- Fresh tarragon (finely chopped)
- Green onions (white and green parts, thinly sliced)
- 1 Avocado (optional, chopped into bite-size pieces).
Mix up the sauce:
- 1/4 to 1/2 Vegenaise (depending on how saucy you like your potato salads)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tblsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Add sauce to bowl of potatoes and mix together to evenly coat.
Before serving, garnish the top of the Salad with:
- Fresh Chives (chopped)
- Paprika (sprinkle)